Face Former: Therapy Orofacial Myofunctional disorders
The Face Former therapy strengthens and harmonizes muscles, responsible for chewing, swallowing, speaking and breathing. It improves the condition of facial muscles, mimics, the position of the jaw and teeth and elasticity of the skin. The Face Former therapy can be used for the following Orofacial Myofunctional disorders:
- Snoring and the more severe form, (Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome OSAS)
- The desire to change from mouth to nasal breathing
- Grinding of teeth (bruxism)
- Dysphagia (swallowing disorders)
- Tongue malfunctions (tongue pressure, incorrect position)
- Dysfunctional mastication (chewing)
- Paralysis of oral and facial muscles/areas (after stroke)
- Functional speech disorders (disability in speaking)
- Follow-up to jaw, face or tongue operations (weakened muscles)
- Jaw joint disorders
- Activation/reactivation/improvement of nasal breathing
- Loss of hearing, buzzing sound in ears (tinnitus)
- Dizziness, Ménière’s syndrome
- Middle ear pressure disorders
- To cure thumbsucking, lip sucking/biting etc.
- Dental restoration and adaptation (dental implants etc.)
- Malalignment of the teeth and jaw (orthodontic treatment)
- To reduce wrinkles, strengthen facial skin and chin (oral area)
- Headaches, facial and neck pain
For General information about Orofacial Myology, please visit the International Association of Orofacial Myology: iaom.com.
Information: We do not take responsibility for any of the content you may find on these sites. If you have a personal health concern, please consult your qualified health practitioner.